Tuesday, January 15, 2008

possible career??

Adam gave me a landscape design book for Christmas. I've been thinking about it for awhile now, this is actually my longest sticking career possibility since I left school with no idea of what to do! This book made me so excited I bought a bunch more and decided to give it a try this spring with my own yard. If I HATE it...I'll know not to spend time, energy and money on school for it! If not, maybe I'll finally have found something I can enjoy doing for at least a few years! RIGHT??!!!

Marc helped me measure the entire house and yard so I can make a (sort of) real plan! I'm just so excited! I'm a little worried about going too crazy though, and since Marc knows how excited I am, I don't think he'll be keeping me down to earth. That'll be a bummer to our savings! You know, we really need a pond in our garden!

I just love the idea of it. It's creative. I can help save the world...green and natual. I can help make people's houses homes. All right. That's a little too cheesy and optimistic, I know. I'm pretty sure my head will come back down as soon as my feet hit the mud! I'm too much of a pessimist anyway. It feels good right now to be silly-naive! Now, start thinking of melting snow!

3 comments:

amy said...

i think you're approaching this in a very smart way - try your own yard first...and then see. I'm happy you're so excited about this! You can do my house...someday...when I have one.

Good for you, Jen.

petecobb99 said...

as those famous philosophers, the electric light orchestra, once said, 'hold on tight to your dream!'

Lynn said...

Go for it! What could you possibly lose?