Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cumberland Fair

I have always loved the fair. I'm not sure if it's because the Deerfield fair fell almost on my birthday and so it became a special event every year. I have gone a few times since I was a kid but it had lost something. I found it again this weekend! Going to the fair with 2 amazed little kids is the BEST!

Avery was bored to death sitting in the car and wasn't looking too excited while we waited in traffic to get in. Then we parked in a big field and she was still like, why did you make me drive all this way. Then we walked up to the gate and you could see a couple rides spinning up high and she just couldn't even figure out what to ask!

Nora, however, was harder to impress. She played it cool until she saw the bunnies! Both of them spent the next 3 HOURS in awe of all the animals! We mooed and neighed and oinked our way around the fair. It was fantastic!

The girls were EXHAUSTED on their way out. I didn't think Nora was going to make it awake to the car. But the crazies were so excited they never slept the whole hour drive home! I think sharing these things with them is the greatest feeling!

3 comments:

petecobb99 said...

fantastic!

amy said...

Deerfield Fair is this weekend - we're going Saturday...Come with!

jen said...

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting!