Wednesday, November 14, 2007

old friends

I haven't been missing many people even though I haven't stayed in touch with anyone over the years. My niece (is only 4 yrs younger) worked with one of my greatest friends. She got us back in contact (finally I suppose!) and she just came up to visit Monday. It was so weird and so nice. We literally spent most of our lives together for several years and haven't really talked since we lived in NC. It was strangely comforting to see she was really the same person. And actually disappointing that I wasn't around for so many things. Not that she needed me but just to be around.

Even though that was great I find myself having a hard time convincing myself that I want to move closer to all those people I knew once. I don't want anything to do with most of them. And it's not like I look very different and could not even be recognized. Darn it.

Well, thank you Sarah for the reunite! I needed that. Now, how do you deal with the rest? Just pretend you don't know them? Punch them? Hide under the racks? Hash out the old crap, fists included? Never enter Concord? Hope we don't buy a house in Concord!

No comments: