Tuesday, September 2, 2008

my baby's going to school!

Holy crap.

My sweet little thing is going out into the big mean world without me. I've barely spent a day without her. I've been there for most of her experiences. Now, she'll talk about things that I know nothing about. (which is really difficult because you only get bits of the necessary info!)

Marc went to Parent's Night last week and came home pretty excited. I think we found the right place, at least for preschool. We'll see what happens next. And yes, I know she's only 3 and doesn't NEED to go to school. AND I totally agree, BUT she's ready. And she needs more opportunities than I can give her right now. (Nora takes a lot of attention) And it's only 2 half days.

She's been excited since we went to the open house in Feb! Now that we're down to days, she's beside herself. Thursday will be interesting when Marc leaves her. I hope she'll be fine. Nora will be traumatized watching her Avery go somewhere without her. I'll have to come up with something special to distract her. : )

4 comments:

amy said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Loni and Jackson said...

Super exciting Jen!!!!!! Avery is going to love it!!!!!I hope you took some pictures on her first day of school . . . .

Jeffrey said...

it will open up a whole new world to her.....

Lynn said...

How exciting is this for little Avery! She is such an inquisitive little girl that so many new experiences will be there for her to enjoy.
I agree -- where are the pictures?