Wednesday, October 3, 2007

so...confrontation help...

there's this woman in our music class who keeps trying to encourage Avery to do more. And I'm pretty sure she means well in her own 'aren't i great, let me help this woman who clearly can't take care of 2 kids' way. BUT every time she looks at Avery, Avery tweeks and tries to hide in me, never mind when she talks to her. Avery's just a little intimidated by people right now. She likes to watch everyone and get ideas and then she does what she wants. And this is a new group so she's a little extra shy. And this woman is constantly talking to her. She finally starts DANCING in front of everyone and she says "nice spin Avery". And so, Avery stopped. Why is she not understanding that she should leave her alone? Is there anything I can say that says "just back off" without actually saying that?

By the way, same woman's child took an instrument out of Nora's hand. Kid got no discouragement even though mom was right there watching. Avery said "but Nora wants that". This woman needs some putting in her place or she will pass this arrogance on to that kid! She just doesn't know that the world does not revolve around her. People like that drive me insane. I kind of want to teach her! I think that makes me a bad person...I think I'm ok with that!

4 comments:

petecobb99 said...

instead of saying 'back off' say 'back the f--k off'...

amy said...

yeah, what he said!

sorry, i'm not good at this.

jen said...

thanks! i had thought of that but i don't think i could actually say it...haven't been able to yet!

petecobb99 said...

i probably wouldn't either...sigh...